Terms and Conditions for La Roche-Posay’s Make Life Better campaign
Terms and Conditions for La Roche-Posay’s Make Life Better campaign
- This campaign is open to all UK residents aged 18 and over, with the exception of the Promoter’s or the Charity's employees, their immediate families or any third party directly associated with the campaign.
- Entrants must have internet access and either (a) a public Facebook account, (b) a public Instagram account, or (c) a public Twitter account to be eligible. No purchase is necessary to participate in this campaign.
- To participate in the campaign, entrants must take a headshot photo with a smile on their face. They must then upload this photo to their public Facebook, Instagram or Twitter account and tag it with both of the following hashtags: "#MakeLifeBetter" and "#larocheposay" between 12 April 2017 at 00:01 and 1 December 2017 at 23:59 (BST). By uploading a photo in accordance with these entrance criteria, entrants agree to be automatically entered into the campaign and abide by these terms and conditions.
- Only one entry per person. Entrants represent and warrant that they have obtained all rights, licences, and permissions necessary, in writing, from any person who may have helped create and/or be featured in their entry; that their entry to the campaign fully complies with these Terms and Conditions, does not contain any use of the names, likenesses, photographs, or other identifying elements, in whole or in part, of any person, living, or dead without permission (proof of which must be provided to the Promoter upon request); and that any persons other than the Entrant featured in an entry have consented to having their image included on the #MakeLifeBetter landing page on the La Roche-Posay website and posts relating to the campaign on social media . Bulk submissions from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Multiple entries made by the same person from various email, social media or other accounts or from the same IP address will not be valid. Entries posted to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter accounts where the privacy settings applicable to the photo do not allow this to be viewed by everyone will not be valid.
- Incomplete, illegal, misdirected or late submissions will not be accepted. Proof of complying with the requirements in point 3 will not be accepted as proof of receipt or entry. Promoter is not responsible for submissions lost, damaged or delayed due to technical or connectivity or other problems.
- Entries which do not comply with point 3 above, or which contain any third party intellectual property without prior informed consent from the rights holder, or which contain any abusive, inappropriate, offensive or obscene language or imagery will be disqualified. Examples of language/images considered to be inappropriate, offensive or obscene, include (but are not limited to): any message/image which contains (a) swearing; (b) comments or actions which appear to be discriminatory of any person, company or group of individuals, for example comments of a racist, sexist or homophobic nature; (c) sexual innuendo, sexual language or sexual acts, actions or gestures; (d) promoting any illegal unlawful activity such as drug use; (e) any message/image that appears to be an advertisement or solicitation to buy; and (f) any materials (whether written or visual) that directly or indirectly relate to Promoter’s competitor brands or that show any intention of promoting any brand other than Promoter's brand.
- Participants cannot post a photo on behalf of someone else. The person in the photo posted must be the participant themselves otherwise the photo will be disqualified. If we have any doubt that the person in the photo is you, we may ask you to send us a photocopy of your photo identification as proof.
- For each of the first 10,000 photos tagged as set out in point 3 which comply with these terms, the Promoter will donate £3 worth of La Roche-Posay Cicaplast Baume B5 40ml tubes (based on the retail prices as reflected on our website www.laroche-posay.co.uk) to the Cosmetic Toiletry and Perfumery Foundation, a charity registered in England and Wales under registration number 1031728, and trading as "Look Good Feel Better" (the "Charity"). For the avoidance of doubt, as always, retailers are free to set their own prices. For the avoidance of doubt, the Promoter and the Charity may agree to substitute the donation of some or all of the Cicaplast Baume products with other La Roche-Posay products.
- The Promoter will donate the Cicaplast Baume to the Charity in three batches, based on three time periods (12 April – 31 May 2017, 1 June – 31 July 2017 and 1 August – 1 December 2017). After each time period, the Promoter will assess the number of eligible photos received, and calculate that number as against the retail prices in force on the Promoter’s website at that time, and make the relevant donation to the Charity. In the event that the number of eligible photos received multiplied by the £3 equivalent donation is equivalent to a partial number of Cicaplast tubes, the Promoter will round up so that the Charity is provided with a whole number of Cicaplast tubes.
- The Promoter’s donation to the Charity is as stated, it is not transferable and there are no alternatives or cash substitutes.
- Neither the Promoter nor agencies involved in this campaign may be liable to the any participants, whether arising from tort including negligence, breach of contract or otherwise or for any loss or damage whatsoever caused by matters relating to participation in this campaign, or in relation to the donation to the extent permissible by law.
- The Promoter reserves the right to add to or vary these terms and conditions or cancel the campaign at any stage in the event of circumstances arising beyond its reasonable control.
- By entering the promotion, you grant the Promoter a non-exclusive, irrevocable, unlimited, royalty-free licence, in perpetuity and on a worldwide basis for use of the photo you entered at the Promoter's sole discretion including, without limitation, use in advertising, other media, press releases, editorial and promotional activity, point of sale material, the Promoter's websites, third party websites (including MySpace, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Youtube), newsletters and e-newsletters.
- Participants' submissions, future submissions and quotes generated during any stage of the campaign may be modified by the Promoter to fit in context with the content of the relevant usage, whilst maintaining the original sentiment.
- The Promoter reserves the right to not feature photos at the Promoter's sole discretion due to space, time or editorial reasons.
- By participating in this campaign, participants will be deemed to be bound by and have accepted these terms and conditions. The Promoter shall disqualify photos that have failed to abide by any of the terms and conditions and/or are in breach of the terms and conditions.
- Neither Promoter nor agencies nor suppliers involved in this promotion may be liable to the winners, whether arising from tort including negligence, breach of contract or otherwise or for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered whatsoever as a result of or relating to participation in this campaign to the extent permissible by law. No compensation for loss of earnings will be paid by Promoter for participation in any aspect of this campaign.
- This campaign is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. You are providing your information to the Promoter and not to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. The information you provide will only be used as stated in these terms and conditions. By participating in this campaign, participants will be deemed to have released Facebook, Twitter or Instagram from any and all liability arising from their participation in the campaign or out of, pursuant to, or as a result of the carrying out of the campaign.
- Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Promoter reserves the right in its absolute discretion to amend or waive any of these Terms and Conditions, or suspend or cancel the campaign at any stage, in the event of circumstances that are unforeseen or beyond its reasonable control (including suspected or actual fraudulent or misleading practices or other breaches of these Terms and Conditions).
- English law applies and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any proceedings in connection with this campaign.
Promoter: La Roche-Posay, a trading division of L’Oréal (U.K.) Limited, 255 Hammersmith Road, London W6 8AZ.