NOURISH YOUR SKIN
While undergoing cancer treatments, your skin will become more sensitive and may thin out over time. Now is the time to pamper yourself by adopting a daily nourishing skin routine. It is important to be aware of what your skin needs and offer it the best protection and comfort by using creams, moisturising balms and skincare adapted to sensitive and fragile skin.
As the skin on your face is exposed daily to UV light, pollution, and all sorts of outside aggressions it gets dirty faster than the rest of your body. To preserve it, start by carefully cleansing it every morning and evening.
To take care of your skin during treatments, you can generously cream your face and your body every morning and evening. In addition to penetrating quickly and soothing the skin, this gifted product prevents the phenomena of xerosis, irritations and itching.
EXPERT POINT OF VIEW
“There are different requirements often depending not only on whether an individual is undergoing chemotherapy or radiotherapy treatment, but also the type of treatment being undertaken within those specific categories. It might be that the skin becomes particularly sun sensitive or develops an acne-like eruption; I would advise using a skin care range that has been created specifically for the most sensitive skin. Use a cream cleanser that helps to clean the skin but leaves it calm and hydrated without stripping away natural oils”
Dr Justine Hextall, Consultant Dermatologist
A DAILY ROUTINE FOR MY FACE
Remember to moisturise and nourish each area of your face with specific products that meet its needs every day. Use a specific skincare product for the fragile area around your eyes. Once a week, use a moisturising mask on your face for 30 minutes to relieve skin tightening and give your complexion a burst of radiance. You can also keep your eye care product in the refrigerator for a fresh way to reduce puffiness. For your lips, nourish and protect with a moisturising balm.
- CLEANSE YOUR SKIN WITH A GENTLE HYPOALLERGENIC CLEANSER SUCH AS TOLERIANE DERMO-CLEANSER
- PREPARE YOUR SKIN WITH THERMAL SPRING WATER’S SOOTHING FORMULA
A ROUTINE FOR MY BODY
Do not forget to moisturise your neck and your cleavage, if you are a woman. The shorter the list of ingredients, the better!
A word of caution: you should not use any hormone-based creams if you have breast cancer.
- For your very fragile skin, prefer a cleanser with a physiological PH, such as La Roche-Posay deeply hydrating Lipikar Cleansing Oil. Rinse well and then gently pat your body dry with a soft and fluffy towel.
- Apply a restoring and soothing balm, as Lipikar Baume AP+M, once a day on the body. Renew the application if necessary.
“IF YOU START BY TAKING CARE OF YOURSELF, THE REST WILL FOLLOW... ’’
Muriel, 38 years old.
A ROUTINE FOR MY HANDS AND FEETYour hands and feet need special attention. Poor in sebaceous glands, they are less rich in protective fatty substances. They tend to dry out more quickly, especially under the effect of multiple external aggressions (cold, friction from shoes). The skin can crack and become painful. Several key actions must be part of your daily life.
- If your hands and feet are irritated, you should apply the Cicaplast Baume B5 before going to bed for a moment of relaxation, you can gently massage your hands and feet with product
- Let the balm penetrate the skin until it is completely absorbed
- Take care not to leave any excess product between your toes
PRODUCTS WE RECOMMEND TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR BODY
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
Since 1975 it has been La Roche-Posay’s mission to support those who suffer from sensitive or weakened skin to improve their daily comfort and quality of life.